Fun little experimental GZDoom game although I will say that I nearly bit the dust a few times on first try from those annoying flying enemies because I keep running out of ammo like a goof and spam alt fire while running silly -_-;
Kid 4 $29.99
A downloadable game
Kid 4 $29.99 (shortened to K42) is a small game made in GZDoom for the 2020 7 Day FPS jam.
On an external level, Kid 4 $29.99 is a vaporwave/synthwave-style run-and-gun shooter where you play as a young boy taking shelter in a mall. But inside the mall, things turn in a slightly different direction...
On an internal level, K42 is designed as one part a playable game, one part a personal test to see if my artistic abilities have advanced enough to develop something (they have!), one part a metaphorical foray into personal matters, one part me wanting to make a shooty whiz-bang ka-pow run-and-gun fun-in-the-sun video game,and one part a mixing bowl to toss in a lot of half-baked ideas I've had over the years.
It's an experimental little game. But I had fun developing it. I hope you have fun playing it.
- A whole two levels, both of them wildly different in gameplay from each other!
- Two weapons, technically three if you count a unique alt-fire as a separate weapon!
- No infinite-ammo fallback weapon! Make every shot count, bucko.
- Original and custom art for everything!
- Extensive work put into sound effects!
- And also a whole bunch of BFXR to make the aforementioned customized sound effects look cheap!
- Pixels! A lot of them!
Kid 4 $29.99 is a completely standalone project, but currently requires a copy of Doom2.wad to run. The implementation is a little bit finnicky due to deadline stuff, and will be refined to be standalone for later releases.
- Download GZDoom at https://zdoom.org/downloads
- Acquire Doom or get a copy of Freedoom 2 at https://freedoom.github.io/
- Extract the GZDoom files, Doom2.wad and Kid-4-$29.99.ipk3 in the same folder
- Open up GZDoom, select Kid-4-$29.99.ipk3 if prompted, and play!
- Configure options as needed! Alt-Fire and Use are required.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I have encountered a bug, regarding overall movement when playing in Delta Touch: In the prologue, you can move just fine. But the moment you get sucked into the TV, movement is slowed to an absolute crawl, making it excessively-tough to avoid incoming attacks.